Wednesday 3 September 2014

Waiting On Wednesday||❤

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

The book I can't wait to be published is.......
When My Heart Was Wicked
by Tricia Stirling
Publication Date: February 15th 2015
"I used to be one of those girls. The kind who loved to deliver bad news. When I colored my hair, I imagined it seeping into my scalp, black dye pooling into my veins.



But that was the old Lacy. Now, when I cast spells, they are always for good."

16-year-old Lacy believes that magic and science can work side by side. She's a botanist who knows how to harness the healing power of plants. So when her father dies, Lacy tries to stay with her step-mother in Chico, where her magic is good and healing. She fears the darkness that her real mother, Cheyenne, brings out, stripping away everything that is light and kind.

Yet Cheyenne never stays away for long. Beautiful, bewitching, unstable Cheyenne who will stop at nothing, not even black magic, to keep control of her daughter's heart. She forces Lacy to accompany her to Sacramento, and before long, the "old" Lacy starts to resurface.

But when Lacy survives a traumatic encounter, she finds herself faced with a choice. Will she use her powers to exact revenge and spiral into the darkness forever? Or will she find the strength to embrace the light?

Why I am Waiting This Wednesday?

The cover is just makes me want the book even more (I always go on about book covers) and the name just drew me in instantly. It is just so intriguing!


Share:

14 comments:

  1. Nice pick. I hadn't heard of this one before. It sounds really interesting. i like the cover as well.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree about the cover! It's just brilliant right?

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard of this one, but it sounds good. Great pick! Adding it to my TBR list.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I really can't wait for this book. The synopsis sounds so different from anything I've ever read, simple perfection. I hope it will live up to both of our expectations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has already ticked the boxes but there are some books which always sound perfect but end up being disappointing!

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure if I want to read this book or not, but I absolutely love that cover. I might even end up buying it just because of the cover. :) I hope you'll like it though. Thanks for sharing, and for stopping by my WoW earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't seen this one yet, but it sounds fabulous! On to my tbr and maybe a future WOW is goes. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this looks sooo good! It's going on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this one sounds interesting and that cover just draws you in! Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a great cover, and I remember hearing/reading about this book and thinking that the relationship between the mother and daughter sounds so dynamic and interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this one a few weeks back and it sounds creepy but very interesting!! I hope you enjoy it when you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The story sounds intriguing. Hope you enjoy it when it arrives. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been keeping an eye on this one too! Hopefully it's as awesome as it sounds!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, YESSSS!!! This was my WoW a couple weeks back too! I can't WAIT for this one as well! I hope we BOTH get to read it soon and LOVE it!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

    ReplyDelete